APRIL 23rd NATIONAL SOVEREIGNTY AND CHILDREN’S DAY & UNESCO WORLD ART DAY PAINTING CONTEST, 2023
We are happy and proud to be celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Republic of Turkiye.
Within the scope of this meaningful day, which is the gift of the founder of the Republic of Turkey, the Great Leader Gazi Mustafa Kemal Atatürk to children, who are the guarantee of our future, a painting contest is organized across the USA to contribute to the UNESCO World Art Day, by the Turkish Women League of America (TWLA) New York Atatürk School on the occasion of April 23 National Sovereignty and Children’s Day.
The subject of the contest was determined as “World Peace“, based on the phrase “Peace at Home, Peace in the World”, which formed the vision of Gazi Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of the Republic of Turkey.
The contest will be held among the students of (TWLA) New York Atatürk School and children aged 6-11 living in the USA and Canada. Evaluation will be made in two different categories among the ages of 6-8 and 9-11. The contest will be run by TWLA New York Atatürk School.
ABOUT THE CONTEST:
Subject: World Peace
Dimensions: 30,5cm x 45,7cm/ 12” x 18” Drawing Paper
Style: Freestyle (Pastel, Oil Paint, Watercolor, Dry Paint…etc.) Collage and digital are not accepted.
Age Group: 6- 11 years old
6- 8 years old 9-11 years old
Grand Prize: TABLET TABLET
Second Prize: 250$ 250$
Third Prize: 100$ 100$
Honorable Mention: 50$ 50$
2-TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
1. The participants are deemed to have declared that they accepted the conditions of participation by applying for the painting contest on World Peace, which is held to contribute to the National Sovereignty and Children’s Day & UNESCO World Art Day. Works that are found to be unsuitable for any of the participation conditions will be banned from the contest by the commission.
2. Works that are found to be copied/stolen will not be evaluated by the contest jury. The jury may deem any work worthy of an award, and if the work is found to be copied/stolen, the award will be cancelled. In this case, the participant must return the certificate and money award. This situation does not create a new right for other participants.
The legal and financial expenses of any problems that may arise during participation in the contest belong to the contestant, and the contest organization is not responsible for any problems that may arise.
CONTEST CONTACT INFORMATION
TEL:516-234-5015 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
|MAIN JURY MEMBERS||PRESELECTION JURY MEMBERS|
|Main Jury Committee Chairman |
Bedri BAYKAM– Artist
|Gülnur Koç KURAN-Artist|
|Pinar GUZELGUN HANGUNSakarya University Faculty Member , Ceramic Artist||Av. Rezan ÖZGER –Author ,Artist|
|Dr. Didem VURALGazi University Department of Fine Arts, Faculty Member||Almula İdil KILIÇRepublic of Turkiye Ministry of Culture and Tourism Tile Artist|
|Özgür PEKŞEN – Artist|
|Ufuk GİRGİÇ – Tapestry for wall Artist|
Contest Application Deadline for Preselection: 10/March/2023
– Announcement Date of Award Winners in the Finals: 03/April/2023
– Deadline of Delivery of Award Winning Pictures to the Address: 14/ April /2023
– Award Ceremony and Exhibition Opening: 18/April/2023-25/April/2023
**** (The date may change due to extraordinary conditions.)